Friday, February 13, 2009

Funny how God Answers Prayer

For the past few days I have been praying for clarity on how to respond to DH's recent desire to beef up security at home. I had concerns about his motivation but didn't want to express them without God's leading. I was really wanting to submit and support his desire but at the same time wondering how we balance trusting God and preparing for "the worst". I mean who likes thinking about the possibility of home invasion. When he spoke to me about his ideas for security improvement (nothing too extreme, no bars on the windows or anything) I was reserved and just said they sounded like ideas to look into. Meanwhile I was praying for discernment and the proper response.

So...God is so funny. Today at the doctor's office, I was checking out and discovered that my wallet was not in my purse. That was a bit disconcerting. I considered the last time I had it out which was 2 days ago. Thankfully I did not completely freak out. I finished my errands for the morning and stopped by the bank to check my balance. Then called a few places it might have been. I asked for prayer to find it and then searched the car and house. I checked online and none of the cards had been used. I was starting to break down when it wasn't turning up at home. But quickly I determined to not let this ruin my awesome week or my day (in which was planned a special V-day date with DH). After considering all that could have happened to it, my best logical explanation is that it was stolen from my car yesterday morning.

Now a few months ago this could have been something that really set me off for weeks. I would have made a catastrophe out of the whole thing and been complaining about it to everyone. But today while talking over the whole situation with DH on our date, I realized that losing my wallet was actually an answer to prayer.

See, God helped me to see that...well, simply put, "Bad things happen to good people". It is likely that someone actually stole my wallet. How likely it is that someone will break into my house? Well, I don't know, but it could happen. Even though I love God and God loves me, there is still evil in this world and...it could happen. So why not follow the wisdom that God has given my husband to protect his family. There really is no reason not to.

The missing wallet was a big deal. Just not in the way you would think. It was a big deal because it was God speaking to me again for the umpteenth time this week. Praise Him for his faithfulness and His answering prayer...even when its not as we expect.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great when we see God's hand at work! I think it's great that you saw His hand in what others would see as a bad situation!

    ReplyDelete