Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Growing Weary

Gal 6:9-10
9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Do you ever have one of those days where you are weary of doing good?

That was me yesterday and it was awesome because God brought this verse to mind and it really encouraged me.
DH and I were struggling yesterday, partly because of our flesh and partly because I think Satan is trying to attack since we both have been doing so well lately and growing so much.

Needless to say we both made some mistakes and my flesh really just wanted to give up on the day. I didn't want to go to the grocery store, work or make dinner. These may seem like little things but these are the things that I have been working on keeping a tight schedule with. I knew DH would like the dinner I was making and I wanted to be mad and just not make it. But I didn't give in! Even though my flesh was saying, "why do I always have to be the good one, doing the right thing?". And then this verse popped into my head! Praise God. I did what I needed to do for the day and was encouraged and had a good attitude about it.

Sometimes its just hard to get out of our own ruts but this verse really helped me do that yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment